- 2 local chioggia beets
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 large local carrots
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 2 habanero peppers
- 1 block Heiwa tofu (local)
- 1 cup Ocean Approved kelp rounds (local)
- ½ cup kim chi (local)
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. wildflower honey
- ¼ cup mirin
1. Finely dice beets, scallions, shave carrots, mince habanero peppers and set aside. Wash and take cilantro leaves off of the stems and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the fish sauce, honey, and mirin.
3. Slightly score the tofu and set in the mirin for 30 minutes.
4. Heat a pan on high and pan sear with a little canola oil and pan sear the tofu steak until golden brown on both sides. Let it chill in the refrigerator. When chilled, finely dice the tofu steak.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the vegetables, tofu, kim chi, cilantro leaves, and mirin mixture and gently toss.
Servings: 4 to 6
Recipe courtesy of the chefs at St. Joseph's College as part of our Farm to Campus Recipe Series