- 2 quarts half and half
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 1 gallon beaten eggs
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 3 lbs. local mushrooms
- 3 lbs. local spinach
- 3 lbs. potatoes, roasted and sliced
- 1 lb. onions
- 4 lbs. cheese, diced
- Fresh herbs
1. Sautée onions, mushrooms and potatoes (make homefries).
2. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Transfer to colander to drain excess liquid.
3. Heat the cream and half and half to 190°F. Stir in the eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg, then stir until the mixture starts to thicken.
4. Arrange vegetables in the crust, pour in the egg mixture, and add the cheese. Decorate with fresh herbs, and bake at 300°F until set.
Courtesy of Chef John Wilson and Unity College Dining Services