- 1 lb. local skate fish filet (we buy from Red's Best)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ oz. pico de gallo (fresh salsa)
- 1 ½ oz. red onion, sliced
- ¼ oz. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz. cole slaw mix
- 2 ¼ oz roasted corn with pepper and onion
- 2 oz chipotle mayo
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Part One: Make the Slaw
1. Make slaw by combining the last six ingredients.
2. Set aside.
Part Two: Cook the Fish
1. Season flour with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge the skate wing in the flour, remove excess flour.
3. Cook skate on flat top.
3. Place corn tortillas on the griddle to warm.
Part Three: Assemble Tacos
1. Place one tortilla on a plate top with 1.5 ounces of the sauteed skate wing.
2. Top with 1/4 ounce of the slaw.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Servings: 10 Portion: one taco
Recipe courtesy of the chefs at the University of New Hampshire as part of our Farm to Campus Recipe Series