- 1 lb. fresh ocean perch (boneless and skinless)
- 1 lb. fresh clam strips
- 7 oz. clam fry (such as McCormick brand)
- 2 lemons cut into quarters
- Heat oil in a fryer to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the clam fry and toss the fish in the breading. Shake to remove any excess breading.
- Place in fryer and cook to a golden brown, which should take two to three minutes.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Next, follow the same process for the clams.
- To serve, place equal amounts in each of eight paper boats and garnish with lemon and parsley.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe courtesy of the chefs at the University of New Hampshire as part of our Farm to Campus Recipe Series