- 4-5 oz. fresh hake fillet
- 2-3 oz. asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- Up to ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp. salted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup fresh nettles, blanched, cooled and chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. For the polenta, simmer the milk then whisk in the cornmeal. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Finish with one tablespoon of butter and salt to taste.
4. For the nettle butter, mash the nettles and two tablespoons of butter until well combined. Set aside.
5. The fish and asparagus can be seasoned with salt and pepper, then coated with olive oil.
6. Top the fish with the nettle butter, then roast separately in the oven until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Courtesy of Chef Frank Giglio, Three Lily Farm