- 1 lb. small local potatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 ears local corn, shucked
- ¾ cup local onion, finely chopped
- ½ lb. Applewood bacon
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 3 ½ cups half & half
- 3 tsp. chives, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. thyme, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
1. Place potatoes and salt in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil, cook for two minutes, remove from heat. Let potatoes stand in hot water for five minutes, then drain.
2. Melt butter and brush over corn. Place corn on grill and mark it. Cool corn, cut kernels from cob, make stock with cobs. Place one cup of corn kernels in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Melt butter in saucepan, add bacon and onion and sauté until bacon is cooked, then add flour and make a roux. Add in all of your ingredients and cook for 45 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the chefs at Lesley University as part of our Farm to Campus Recipe Series