- 3 quarts local carrots, sliced into matchsticks or 1/4-inch roundsS
- 3 ½ oz. margarine
- 1 ¼ oz. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 14 oz. honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, minced
Part One: Carrots
1. Steam the carrots
2. Set aside.
Part Two: The Glaze
1. In stockpot over medium-high heat, melt margarine.
2. Add gingerroot. Saute until aromatic, 1 minute.
3. Add honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
4. Simmer until glaze is thickened, 5-8 minutes.
5. Stir in parsley.
Part Three: Assembly
1. Pour glaze over carrots. Toss to coat.
2. Cover. Keep hot for service or use as directed in recipe.
Recipe courtesy of the chefs at Boston University as part of our Farm to Campus Recipe Series