- 24 oz. white onions, diced
- 8 lbs. local celeriac
- 8 oz. chives
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. eggs (4 large eggs)
- 8 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 16 oz. crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Thinly slice onions and celeriac.
3. Chop chives and toss with the celeriac and onions.
4. press into a sprayed baking dish.
5. Mix the cream, egg, mustard, nutmeg and pepper together.
6. Pour cream mixture over the celeriac and press flat.
7. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove cover and dot with goat cheese.
9. Bake for an additional 25 minutes to brown.
10. Let cool and set for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serve the celeriac gratin alongside a batch of local greens, celeriac and ployes.
Courtesy of Chef Jeff Space at Pen Bay Medical Center