- 5 lbs. local butternut squash, peeled
- 1 lb. local white onions
- 1 lb. local carrots
- 1 ¼ oz. fresh ginger
- ½ oz. garlic
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 3 oz. raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 12 oz. coconut milk
- White pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. oil
1. Peel and dice squash. Toss it in one tablespoon of oil, then roast for 40 minutes at 325 degrees F.
2. While the squash is roasting, sauté onion, carrot and ginger garlic one tablespoon of oil.
3. Add coconut milk, sugar, cilantro, curry, salt and pepper.
4. Add squash directly out of the oven. Cover with water and simmer until tender.
5. Puree. Adjust seasoning.
6. Pass through a China cap strainer before serving.
Yield: 1 gallon soup
Recipe courtesy of the chefs at Boston University as part of our Farm to Campus Recipe Series