- 1 lb. local rhubarb, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 lb. local blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder, cornstarch or flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- 6 Tbsp. chilled unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 6 Tbsp. buckwheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup toasted shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the ingredients for a filling in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, flour, and sugar and combine with a pastry cutter. Fold in the oats, coconut, and spices.
- Pour the filling into a pan in one even layer. Crumble the topping.
Makes one 9-inch round
Courtesy of Chef Frank Giglio, Three Lily Farm