- 2⅔ lbs. all-pupose flour
- ½ oz. salt
- 1 oz. baking powder
- ½ oz baking soda
- 3½ lbs. granulated sugar
- ½ quart lemon juice
- 1 fl. oz. lemon extract
- ½ quart canola oil
- ⅔ quart liquid eggs
- ½ quart whole milk
- 1½ lbs. frozen wild Maine blueberries
- 3¾ Tbsp. lemon zest
1. In small bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl blend together granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon extract, and oil and mix for 1-2 minutes on low speed.
3. Add eggs slowly while mixer is on low speed and continue to mix for 1 minute and scrape bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients and the milk and mix for 1 minute.
5. Remove from the mixer and add the blueberries and lemon zest by hand.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the bread springs back when lighly touched in the center.
Servings: 12 slices per loaf
Recipe courtesy of the chefs at Bates College in Maine as part of our Farm to Campus Recipe Series