Posted April 1, 2019
We are very excited about the 2019 New England Farm to Institution Summit, with the pre-conference starting tomorrow, April 2, and the main conference starting on Wednesday, April 3. We can’t wait to see you there!
Here are some key finding of the 2019 #F2iSummit:
- There will be over 500 people participating - field trips, short courses, conference workshops
- People are coming from all six New England states - and 15 other states!
- There are over 100 people who indicated that farm to campus is their primary sector or focus, and another 150 who say they are involved in all sectors. Strong cohorts in K-12, Health Care and over 35 who focus on farm to corrections.
- There are many producers, processors, distributors and over 70 food service staff, not including administrators and sustainability directors. Government officials, funders, and non-profit leaders will also have strong attendance.
- Almost one third of participants are presenting, exhibiting or are sponsors - lots of engagement.
- It will be great to hear how UMass provides sustainable, delicious, local food, supports our regional food economy, is a national award winner and runs a profitable business.
- UMass is very involved in the summit beyond being the venue - from planning to preparing food, leading workshops and running a professional development network session for students.
We will be taking walk-in registrations!