Posted December 15, 2015
Meet the 15 network leaders who will govern Farm to Institution New England in 2016
It is with great pleasure that I write to announce FINE’s new Network Advisory Council. This group of fifteen leaders from around New England representing a range of perspectives and a vast array of experience. They will serve as FINE’s principle advisory and governing body beginning in the new year.
- Alicia Pedemonti, Northeast Pork Association / NH Agency of Agriculture
- Annie Rowell, Sodexo
- Betsy Rosenbluth, VT FEED / National Farm to School Network - Northeast Region
- Brett Tolley, Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance
- Charlene Andersen, NH Community Loan Fund
- Cris Coffin, Eden Pond Farm
- Hannah Mellion, Farm Fresh Rhode Island
- Jiff Martin, UConn Extension
- Kathy Smith, The Farmer's Cow
- Kenneth Payne, Rhode Island Agricultural Partnership / RI Food Policy Council
- Kevin Blaney, Chartwells Higher Ed
- Mark Lapping, University of Southern Maine (Emeritus) / Maine Food Strategy
- Ramon Borges-Mendez, Clark University
- Sarah Waring, Center for an Agricultural Economy
- Stacia Clinton, Health Care Without Harm
I must say that it was a challenge selecting the council from the incredibly talented and engaged pool of applicants who responded to our call for council members. In the end, we selected a group that collectively will meet our needs; however, there were dozens of others who could have contributed meaningfully. We intend to stay in touch with all of the applicants, each of whom have unique connections and interests that are of great value to FINE.
Moreover, I am incredibly appreciative of the creativity, care and commitment given by the individuals who have served on FINE’s Leadership Team since our inception in 2011. These folks defined FINE as an entity that brings people together, promotes collaborative action, and initiates work to fill gaps that need to be addressed to advance our collective agenda.
As we celebrate the old year and welcome the new, we do so with colleagues old and new as well, and wish you all the very best for 2016 and beyond.